Thursday, July 19, 2012

New Shoes?

I've been seriously considering going to get my gait checked out. I've never really been a firm believer in needing this done because when I first started running I thought that I wasn't a serious enough runner to do it. Than after running my first half I decided that I had no issues with the shoes I have so obviously it is pointless cause I did fine in my none gait oriented shoes. Lately however I've been having some issues. Mainly blisters. The shoes I've been using are relatively new (as in less than 6 months) so I don't know why I would be getting blisters in them now. It is about time I start considering myself a runner.

I saw this in a postsecret I was looking through and it made me kinda sad.


Running a marathon is no joke (I wouldn't do it). It made me feel bad because doing something like that is amazing. Only 1% of people ever run a marathon and to be so upset about the way you look that you don't wanna share the joy of accomplishing it with people you know is saddening. I really hope that whoever wrote this is in a better place now and can share the story without feeling like people will judge them.

No comments:

Post a Comment