Sunday, July 15, 2012

Plank you very much

I was supposed to get up Saturday morning and go running with my American Cancer Society group but, I slept through my alarm.  So I got up this morning (later than I wanted to because again, I slept through my alarm). I made it out to Lake Mayer anyways and started on my what was supposed to be 4 mile run. I don't know what was wrong but I was just not feeling it today. I ended up quitting before I even hit the 1.5 mile mark. I was kinda mad about it so convinced myself to finish 1.5 miles and as soon as I got that went on to convince myself to just go a head and do 2 miles. The last half a mile was not going well. I felt like I was running around 9:30 min/mile but according to my handy dandy Garmin was only going 10:40 min/mile. Which was disappointing because I normally run around 10:20 and I felt like I was going to die doing the 10:40. Oh well, not everyday can be an awesome run. I got out there and tried and that's all that matters. 

On to the important stuff... I bought this the other day...


If you haven't seen it I would recommend it. I'm a huge JenAn fan. It wasn't as funny as 21 Jump Street (if you haven't seen that one, rent it while you're at it), but it was still pretty funny. 

I also started reading this.


I like the movie so I thought I would give the book a try. I know, this is going to sound dumb but I'm going to say it anyways... I think I like the book better than the movie. Yup, I pointed out the obvious. You are welcome. The character Marcus is a lot more likable in the book, which I think makes the story more interesting. 

Back on to the good stuff aka my awesome workout routine. I was this article online the other day about a 6-week plank challenge. I thought, "hey I need to work on my core, I'm going to try it". So Starting today I'm going to be letting y'all into my awesome planking life (sorry Tebow fans, I don't think that counts as exercise). I changed up the rules a little because I didn't quit like what they had going but it's still the same concept. I started by holding a plank as long as I could. This is what I got.


I'm going to be doing 3 sets of planks everyday slowly increasing the seconds I hold until the end of the 6 weeks. At the end I'm going to hold a plank as long as I can and see if my time goes up at all. I'm hoping to get up to 2 minutes. That's my goal. Hopefully along with the extra seconds I'll also have a nicer stomach. I'll post some pictures later on of my abs fat so y'all can see the progress I make. 

Anyone ever try anything like this before? If so, how did it go?

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment