Monday, July 9, 2012

Walking a Marathon

Thursday I went to Barnes and Noble, which if you know me can get pretty serious. I normally go there for one or two books and end up leaving having spent $100 plus after 5 hours of being there. Well, it happened again. I did impress myself a little though. I put back like 3 books. Go me! When I buy books that have sequels  I try and buy the whole series that way I don't have to worry about going to get the next book when I finish and it not being there. I convinced myself otherwise. I still bought WAY to many books.


I did do a good job of getting a variety. I've been reading tons of good things about Born To Run so I thought I would try it out. My roommate and I were watching Something Borrowed the other day and I thought that the movie was pretty sad and figured the book would be even sadder so decided to torture myself by buying it. Sometimes a good cry over a book is completely necessary. The others were pretty random buys. I just walked around and read a bunch and decided on the others.
Right now I'm reading The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks. I'm about half way through with it and I like it. It hasn't gotten sad or anything yet but the story is interesting enough to keep me wanting to read more. I heard that it was one of his better books. I'll let ya know what I think when I finish. 

Yesterday I was trying to raise money for the American Cancer Society by walking around the park that I run at from sun up to sun down. I got out there at 6:30am and was not doing to hot on getting donations. Most people would wish me luck but not donate. I had an awesome sign that I wore so people would know what I was doing. 



I kept a tally of my laps so people would have an idea plus I had my handy dandy garmin with me. I knew he wasn't going to last that long though, that's another reason why I kept track of my laps, so when he died I would still know about how far I had gone. 


I didn't make it much further than that. I think I did one more lap after this gave out. I had some blisters on my feet and they were causing me to walk funny which made my ankle hurt. I tried to hobble though and actually get to 26 miles but I can up short at 24. I decided that injuring myself and not being able to run would be stupid just to walk a marathon. 

My ankle still hurts but I've been icing it and I don't plan on running on it till it feels better. Hopefully it'll feel fine tomorrow. I don't see how I could've seriously hurt it by just walking. But I guess we'll find out later! 

Did you do anything fun this weekend? Ever wanted to walk a marathon? I wouldn't suggest it.

No comments:

Post a Comment